1-1 Teachers Aide
||1:1 Teacher's Aide
The CP Rochester Augustin Children’s Center provides a full continuum of educational and therapeutic services for children, birth to kindergarten, with and without disabilities. Individualized programs and attention from a highly-trained, experienced staff are delivered on our campus in an ideal, accessible suburban setting featuring a gymnasium, outdoor classroom, playground and a heated swimming pool. Our renowned center seamlessly integrates children with disabilities and children without disabilities in a unique and rewarding educational environment.
Job Purpose: In a 1:1 Teacher's Aide position you will act as an active team member in providing for the well-being, education and supervision of children in the classroom throughout the day as directed by the Special Education Teacher. You will supervise your assigned child at all times throughout the day.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program staff and community resources.I
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- For assigned child, implements educational, therapeutic and behavioral plans under the direct supervision of the special education teachers, therapy staff, psychologist and input from early education teacher.
- Assists the children throughout the day as directed by the Special Education Teacher.
- Supervises assigned child at all times (with the exception of lunch break, meetings and/or training), including during busing and transitional activities.
- Assists child in all activities of daily living while promoting independence.
- Functions as a positive, contributing member of the classroom team.
- Attends appropriate meetings as determined by the teachers and Program Director.
- Assists in maintaining order and cleanliness of classroom, equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates a consistent, nurturing manner toward all children.
- Shares all relevant information related to assigned child with the teachers, therapy staff and/or psychologist.
- Performs classroom duties as assigned by the teacher(s) or teaching assistant.
- Participates in conferences, workshops and in-service training to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to the agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Performs other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or his/her designee.
Rate: $12.50/hour and up commensurate with experience
Comprehensive benefit plan including but not limited to:
· Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
· 4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 5 Days Paid Time Off (PTO) and 8 Paid Holidays
· Matching 403B Retirement Plan
· Additional Insurance Offerings - Specified Disease Insurance w/ Cancer Rider, Accident Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
· Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
· Employer paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
|Hours of Employment:
30 Hours/Week: 8:45 am - 3:15 pm Mon - Fri. Follows a school calendar which includes a 6-week summer session
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience working with young children preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated acceptance of and sensitivity in interacting with people with disabilities.
- Physical requirements may include: sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, ability to speak clearly, and good listening ability.
- Mental requirements may include: general intelligence, motor coordination skills, coordination of eyes, hands, and feet, verbal intelligence.
Human Resources Generalist
3399 Winton Road South
Rochester, New York 14623
Fax (585) 334-1646
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with an outstanding reputation in employee relations. As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families and ongoing mentoring from top industry professionals.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|| Until Filled