|Responsibilites include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes the Golisano Autism Center's Vision, Mission and Philosophy.
- Administers standardized assessment tools to obtain data necessary for the development of the identified special needs student’s Individual Education Program (IEP) following all NYS learning standards set forth for the Preschool student.
- Develops Individual Education Program (IEP) goals for each child identified. Documents progress through quarterly goal updates and amends goals as needed.
- Organizes a structured instructional program providing for the individual developmental needs of children with an Autism diagnosis.
- Maintains all required paperwork, including data collections and entry of benchmarks, assessments and anecdote notes for both IEP and non-IEP students.
- Adapts and modifies the early childhood curriculum/lesson plans to meet the individual needs of the children with an Autism Diagnosis.
- Participates in all parent-teacher conferences for special needs children.
- Coordinates classroom team and planning meetings to facilitate appropriate programming for each child.
- Participates in school district Committee on Preschool Special Education meetings as well as district UPK professional development meetings.
- Orients, mentors and supervises new staff by discussing and implementing a formal plan which encompasses direct training, shadowing, mentoring and meetings to ensure that there is a thorough understanding of roles and responsibilities.
- Directly supervisors 1:1 Aides assigned to special needs children in their classroom.
- Meets regularly with 1:1 Aides to review 1:1 Aide plans, behavior plans and IEP goals/bench marks to ensure compliance and to monitor progress. Address issues and questions and provides support and feedback.
- Develops 1:1 Aide plans and defines roles and responsibilities of 1:1 Aides assigned to the ASD students in the classroom. Trains 1:1 Aides and ensures the Aides understand and appropriately work with children on the ASD as defined by the 1:1 Aide plan.
- 1Utilizes techniques/methods specific for children on the ASD (discrete trials, visual strategies etc).
- 15. Defines programs/lessons in conjunction with the Teaching Assistant and Autism Coordinator.
- 16. Provides feedback to classroom staff on techniques to improve student success. Assists with training and retraining as needed along with Elementary Education Teacher, if applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with an outstanding reputation in employee relations. As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families and ongoing mentoring from top industry professionals.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.