We are currently seeking a Part time Dential Hygienist to join our team of Clinical Professionals in our Family Dental Center.
|Hours of Employment:
Part Time 24 Hours/Week Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
Responsible for cleaning and polishing teeth; implement and evaluate dental hygiene care; provide proper oral hygiene instructions; examine head, neck and intraoral areas for signs of oral disease; take x-rays; apply fluoride or sealants; ensure infection control policy is followed.
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence” to individuals, families, program staff and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions and stains from teeth and below margins of gingiva, using dental instruments (scaling and root planning; prophy).
- Assess for signs of health and disease in the oral cavity; identify dental hygiene problems; implement and evaluate dental hygiene care.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Examine gums, using probes, to locate and measure receded gingiva and signs of gingivitis or periodontal disease.
- Apply fluoride and other caries preventing agents to strengthen teeth and prevent dental decay; apply sealants to prevent pit and fissure caries.
- Take radiographs.
- Provide proper oral hygiene instructions for brushing and flossing; help patients to set oral health goals and collaborate with them, family and staff to meet their goals; counsel patients to control dietary sugar intake.
- Take impressions for study casts.
- Remove sutures and dressings.
- Prepare work area and instruments; keep work area neat and orderly; maintain and sharpen instruments; clean, oil and set up equipment; disinfect surfaces; sterilize instruments; set up instrument trays.
- Review patients’ medical histories and consult with dentist and/or physician about any special care needs.
- Infiltrate local anesthetic agents and administer nitrous oxide, if certified.
- Provide dental health education and conduct in-services to augment services of dentist.
- Work chairside with dentist, as needed, during examinations and treatments.
- Achieve program or department goals by performing other responsibilities as required.
- Attend meetings as assigned.
- Maintain quality control.
- Adheres to the agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Performs other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or his/her designee.
Comprehensive benefit plan including but not limited to:
- Dental / Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Matching 403B Retirement Plan
- Additional Insurance Offerings - Specified Disease Insurance w/ Cancer Rider, Accident Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Employer paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Must be licensed as a Dental Hygienist in New York State.
- Must be eligible to provide Medicaid services.
- Certification for infiltrative local anesthesia and nitrous oxide is preferred.
- Clinical experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Computer literacy required.
Human Resources Generalist
3399 Winton Road South
Rochester, New York 14623
Fax (585) 334-1646
We envision a community where people of all abilities lead rewarding lives. Meaningful partnerships are nurtured to ensure all doors are open and opportunities are available for everyone.
Our Agencies do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation/identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
| Close Date:
|| Until Filled