We are currently seeking a Dental Hygienist to join our team of Clinical Professionals in CP Rochester's Family Dental Clinic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with an outstanding reputation in employee relations. As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of children, adults and their families as well as ongoing mentoring from top industry professionals.
The Dental Hygienist provides teeth cleaning and polishing; implements and evaluates dental hygiene care; provides proper oral hygiene instructions; examines head, neck and intraoral areas for signs of oral disease; take x-rays; apply fluoride or sealants and ensures infection control policy is followed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program staff and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Cleans calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums using dental instruments.
- Charts conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Examines gums, using probes, to locate and measure receded gingiva and signs of gingivitis or periodontal disease.
- Applies fluoride and other cavity-preventing agents to strengthen teeth and prevent dental decay; apply sealants to prevent pit and fissure caries.
- Takes radiographs.
- Provides proper oral hygiene instructions for brushing and flossing; help patients to set oral health goals and collaborate with them, family and staff to meet their goals; counsel patients to control dietary sugar intake.
- Takes impressions for study casts.
- Removes sutures and dressings.
- Prepares work area and instruments; keep work area neat and orderly; maintains and sharpens instruments; cleans, oils and set up equipment; disinfects surfaces; sterilizes instruments; sets up instrument trays.
- Reviews patients’ medical histories and consult with dentist and/or physician about any special care needs.
- Infiltrates local anesthetic agents and administer nitrous oxide, if certified.
- Provides dental health education and conducts in-services to augment services of dentist.
- Works chairside with dentist, as needed, during examinations and treatments.
- Performs dental assisting for dentist as needed to assist with coverage.
- Achieves program or department goals by performing other responsibilities as required, including assisting with front desk duties.
- Attends meetings as assigned.
- Maintains quality control.
- Participates in conferences, workshops and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
|Hours of Employment:
||This is a part-time position starting with 1 day per week on Thursday with the possibility of adding an additional day on Wednesday. Hours of work are during program hours 8:00am-4:30pm. Evening work may be required as job duties demand.
|Required Education & Experience:
- Must be licensed as a Dental Hygienist in New York State.
- Ensure/complete dental infection control per NYS license.
- Must be eligible to provide Medicaid services / insurance billing.
- Certification for infiltrative local anesthesia and nitrous oxide is preferred
- Clinical experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Computer literacy required.
Human Resources Generalist
3399 Winton Road South
Rochester, New York 14623
Fax (585) 334-1646
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.