We are currently seeking a Dentist to Join CP Rochester's Family Dental Center.
CP Rochester's Family Dental Center is an accessible oral care clinic that welcomes all patients while specializing in the treatment of adults and children with developmental and/or physical disabilities.
Patients with and without special needs can expect the very best dental care available, because CP Rochester designed its Family Dental Center with all patients in mind. The facility, which accommodates individuals with a variety of mobility challenges, includes a ceiling track/lift system for transfers from wheelchairs, customized treatment rooms, and state-of-the-art dental equipment including a panoramic x-ray machine. All of these features, plus a highly-skilled clinical staff, guarantee the best environment to maximize the effectiveness of each treatment.
The Dentist is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of dental needs of the patients receiving clinical services or referred to CP Rochester.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program staff and community resources.
2. Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
3. Evaluates patients to determine the need for dental services.
4. Establishes treatment plans for each patient.
5. Provides individual dental services at CP Rochester sites certified by the Department of Health.
6. Provides preventative and restorative treatment to CP Rochester patients.
7. Provides in-service education to staff of CP Rochester, caretakers and other interested groups as requested.
8. Counsels and works with patients and families.
9. Completes all required documentation for agency such as insurances, Medicaid and Medicare.
10. Completes, submits and maintains all records in accordance with the standards of regulatory agencies governing the operation of CP Rochester.
11. Completes billing as required per regulatory agency.
12. Participates in program planning, development, research and evaluation under the direction of the department director.
13. Participates on committees, attends conferences and receives additional training at the request of the department director or the administration of the agency.
14. Achieves program or department goals by performing other responsibilities as required.
15. Attends meetings as assigned.
16. Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Features of the Family Dental Center:
- Specially-trained dentists and staff
- Flexible scheduling
- Ceiling track and lift system
- Customized dental chairs
- Electronic medical records
- Full diagnostic tools on-site including panoramic x-ray
- Staff are experts at calming patients and reducing anxiety
There is a high incidence of periodontal and gum disease for people with physical or developmental disabilities, with causes ranging from genetics to difficulties with basic oral care. Education is an important component of the dentists' role. Instruction on daily oral care with a treatment regimen tailored to individual patient’s needs and abilities are essential objectives. CP Rochester's Family Dental Center knows the benefits of a great smile, and when individuals who formerly struggled with tooth brushing get to a state of good oral health, it has a very positive effect on self-confidence and overall wellness.