|Responsibilites include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes the Golisano Autism Center's Vision, Mission and Philosophy.
- Ensure a meaningful and individualized educational experience for all students.
- Administers developmental assessments to all students to gather data to determine how to meet individual development needs of the children.
- Works with the Special Education Teacher to coordinate a structured program and safe environment that provides for the individual development needs of the children.
- Coordinates daily and weekly lesson plans with the Special Education Teacher that are available for review by the Program Director or the Education Coordinator.
- Maintains all necessary paperwork in portfolios for each child.
- Participates in all parent-teacher conferences for children.
- Attends all team, discipline and staff meetings as designated.
- Creates lesson plans using NYS Learning Standards and agency selected curriculum.
- Supervises classroom paraprofessionals, aides and assistants, students, volunteers and others involved in helping capacities with input from the Special Education Teacher.
- Completes annual performance appraisals for paraprofessionals, teaching assistants and teacher aides with input from the Special Education Teacher.
- Schedules parent and family classroom visits in conjunction with the Special Education Teacher.
- Develops an annual inventory of all classroom equipment and supplies together with the Special Education Teacher.
- Submits daily/monthly attendance records for all children without disabilities.
- Participates in conferences, workshops, department meetings and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with an outstanding reputation in employee relations. As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families and ongoing mentoring from top industry professionals.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.