Early Childhood Education Teacher - 10 month schedule
||Early Childhood Education Teacher - 10 Month Schedule
The CP Rochester Augustin Children’s Center provides a full continuum of educational and therapeutic services for children, birth to kindergarten, with and without disabilities. Individualized programs and attention from a highly-trained, experienced staff are delivered on our campus in an ideal, accessible suburban setting featuring a gymnasium, outdoor classroom, playground and a heated swimming pool. Our renowned center seamlessly integrates children with disabilities and children without disabilities in a unique and rewarding educational environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure a meaningful and individualized educational experience for all students.
- Administers developmental assessments to all students to gather data to determine how to meet individual development needs of the children.
- Works with the Special Education Teacher to coordinate a structured program and safe environment that provides for the individual development needs of the children.
- Coordinates daily and weekly lesson plans with the Special Education Teacher that are available for review by the Program Director or the Education Coordinator.
- Maintains all necessary paperwork in portfolios for each child.
- Participates in all parent-teacher conferences for children in the New Friends program.
- Attends all team, discipline and staff meetings as designated.
- Creates lesson plans using NYS Learning Standards and agency selected curriculum.
- Supervises classroom paraprofessionals, aides and assistants, students, volunteers and others involved in helping capacities with input from the Special Education Teacher.
- Completes annual performance appraisals for paraprofessionals, teaching assistants and teacher aides with input from the Special Education Teacher.
- Schedules parent and family classroom visits in conjunction with the Special Education Teacher.
- Develops an annual inventory of all classroom equipment and supplies together with the Special Education Teacher.
- Submits daily/monthly attendance records for all children without disabilities.
- Participates in conferences, workshops, department meetings and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
Comprehensive benefit plan including but not limited to:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Matching 403B Retirement Plan
- Additional Insurance Offerings - Specified Disease Insurance w/ Cancer Rider, Accident Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Employer paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
|Hours of Employment:
Full-Time 37.5 hours/week, runs on a school schedule September-June
- Bachelor’s degree in Childhood Education with NYS certification in Childhood Education. Early Childhood Certification (Birth-Grade 2) preferred.
- Experience working with young children.
- Knowledge of child development and student learning.
- Knowledge of content and instructional planning and implementation.
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have demonstrated commitment to performing job duties and tasks at a high level of performance.
Human Resources Generalist
3399 Winton Road South
Rochester, New York 14623
Fax (585) 334-1646
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with an outstanding reputation in employee relations. As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families and ongoing mentoring from top industry professionals.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|| Until Filled