Licensed Practical Nurse - Evening Shift - $500 Signing Bonus Available
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - **$500 Signing Bonus Available!!**
**This position is eligible for a $500 signing bonus!! This bonus is earned and payable as follows: 25% ($125) in the pay period following the 3-month anniversary of your employment; 25% ($125) in the pay period following the 6-month anniversary of your employment; and 50% ($250) in the pay period following the one-year anniversary of your employment.*
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- Employer-paid health reimbursement account for medical expenses;
- 4 weeks paid time off;
- 8 paid holidays;
- 403b retirement plan with employer match;
- Employer-paid group term life and long term disability insurance;
- Tuition reimbursement; and
- Additional insurance offerings including specified disease insurance with a cancer rider, accident insurance, identity theft protection, and short term disability.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others - we want YOU to join our team of caring professionals as a Licensed Practical Nurse! As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families.
In a Licensed Practical Nurse position you will support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities by ensuring all individual medical and health needs are addressed promptly under the clinical direction of the Registered Nurse, focusing on fulfilling the CP Rochester Mission, Vision, and Values, and providing services that meet or exceed the goals of the individual, department, and the agency. You will also be serving as a liaison between CP Rochester and external services providers
|Hours of Employment:
||Full-time, 40 hours per week. Days and hours are evening/weekend shifts.
|Key Job Skills:
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program employees and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Provides evaluation of Individual’s illness or injury and consults with the Registered Nurse for follow up.
- Schedules, transports and accompanies Individuals, with all appropriate medical information to all routine medical, psychological, therapy, interim or emergency appointments as assigned and acts under the direction of the RN.
- Communicates all appropriate information to residential RN, service providers, families, Individuals and service coordinator.
- Ensures all medications, treatments, first aid supplies, and adaptive equipment are available and are administered as prescribed and are maintained within expiration dates.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments to Individuals.
- Reviews Medication Administration Records weekly as assigned by the RN and brings any issues to the attention of the RN in a timely fashion, specifically those concerning frequent use of prn medication and inappropriate medication practices.
- Inventories medical supplies, prescriptions, and treatments weekly.
- Ensures that accurate weights and vital statistics, as indicated in the Individual’s care plan, are obtained for each Individual and documented.
- Assists with direct care services, as schedule allows, for residents when home with illness, etc.
- Secures documentation of all appointments on the appropriate form. Completes related documentation and communication as assigned.
- Implements treatment plan and regimens as prescribed by the physician or health care provider.
- Reviews and implements actions required in team/nursing notes.
- Monitors and assures that established infection control procedures are followed.
- Acts as a participating member of all Individual program-planning teams.
- Attends all scheduled meetings as assigned by the RN.
- Is available to assist with individual emergency needs on a 24 hour on-call basis as required by the program.
- Documents medical information as defined by agency, regulatory bodies, and standards of care.
- Achieves program or department goals by performing other responsibilities as required.
- Maintains necessary documentation and reports as required and per agency policies.
- Participates in conferences, workshops and regular and mandatory training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
||Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally push or pull individuals in wheel chairs up to 300 pounds.
- Must be licensed and currently registered as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the New York State Department of Education.
- Specialized training and one year of experience in treating the special needs population desirable.
- Must have a clean, valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Must complete additional training and/or in-service sessions to maintain professional license in good standing.
- Ability to complete required training classes.
- Must be willing and able to become certified to teach First Aid and CPR.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and prioritize in medical/health/safety situations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise prudent judgment specifically with regards to medical/health/safety issues.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated effective listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize/prioritize work and work independently.
HR Generalist 3399 Winton Road South Rochester, NY 14623 Fax: (585)334-1646
We envision a community where people of all abilities lead rewarding lives. Meaningful partnerships are nurtured to ensure all doors are open and opportunities are available for everyone.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
| Close Date:
|| Until Filled