Monroe Housing Collaborative Housing Community Liaison
||Monroe Housing Collaborative Housing Community Liaison
The Monroe Housing Collaborative provides housing assistance to individuals in our community living with disabilities. The Community Housing Liaison is responsible for all aspects of the organization and reports to the Board of Directors.
- Serves as a resource to link individuals with a disability to affordable and safe housing which meets their needs. This includes but in not limited to accessibility, proximity to: shopping, entertainment, and public transportation and community resources. Assists with applying for housing as needed.
- Provides linkage and referral to individuals with barriers to housing.
- Works with website developer to maintain and update the MHC website to ensure the website is a useful and effective resource for intended users. Researches and applies for grants that are in line with the mission and vision of the MHC. Oversees the implementation of grant funds.
- Collaborate with affordable housing providers to gather information necessary to have website reflect current types of housing.
- Advocates for the development of affordable housing options for individuals with disabilities.
- Manage meetings for Monroe Housing Collaborative Partners as necessary to effectively perform job duties.
- Participates in conferences, workshops and in-service training to enhance job skills and professional growth and development.
- Identifies and seeks out and develops relationships with key housing related resources in the community.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Relevant experience can be substituted for education)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in this or a related field preferred.
- Completion of Housing Navigation training preferred.
- Knowledge of the affordable housing resources in the Greater Rochester Area preferred.
- Knowledge of housing development funding requirements including but not limited to Home and Community Renewal, Housing Urban Development, Federal Home Loan, Office of Temporary Disability Assistance, Emergency Solutions grants, and City of Rochester/County of Monroe funding resources.
- Knowledge of Housing subsidy programs including Section 8, OPWDD ISS, TBI Waiver Housing Vouchers.
- Ability to maintain website.
- Ability to develop agendas, host effective meetings, and maintain accurate minutes.
- Understanding of rent subsidy options for individuals with disabilities.
Stacey Wallenhorst, Vice President & CFO
Al Sigl Community of Agencies
1000 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14620
Al Sigl provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.