**$500 Signing Bonus Available!!** Direct Support Professional
**$500 Signing Bonus Available!!** Direct Support Professional - Full Time
**This position is eligible for a $500 signing bonus! This bonus is earned and payable as follows: 25% ($125) in the pay period following the 3 month anniversary of your employment, 25% ($125) in the pay period following the 6 month anniversary of your employment, and 50% ($250) in the pay period following the one year anniversary of your employment.**
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- Employer-paid health reimbursement account for medical expenses;
- 4 weeks paid time off;
- 8 paid holidays;
- 403b retirement plan with employer match;
- Employer-paid group term life and long term disability insurance;
- Tuition reimbursement; and
- Additional insurance offerings including specified disease insurance with a cancer rider, accident insurance, identity theft protection, and short term disability.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others - we want YOU to join our team of caring professionals as a Direct Support Professional! As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families.
In a Direct Support position you will support adults with intellectual & developmental disabilities by: Teaching independent living skills. Assisting with personal care. Creating opportunities for and encouraging individuals to develop skills in recreation/leisure/hobbies, home management, social/interpersonal and other skill areas including the promotion of self-respect and being respectful of others while developing relationships in the community.
|Hours of Employment:
||Full Time 40 hours per week ~ Evenings/Weekends or Overnights
|Key Job Skills:
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence” to individuals, families, program staff and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Creates opportunities for, and encourages individuals to develop skills in recreation/leisure/hobbies, home management, social/interpersonal and other skill areas including the promotion of self-respect and being respectful of others while developing relationships in the community.
- Follows consumer activity and behavioral guidelines as set by the team and desired outcome guidelines. These may include but not be limited to Residential Habilitation Plans and IPOPs.
- Ensures consumer care meets or exceeds established standards in areas including personal hygiene, grooming, feeding, care and respect for consumer belongings, room cleaning, and other daily living skills.
- Completes documentation as required by and in coordination with regulations and agency policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Performs other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or his/her designee.
||Physical Requirements include: sitting, standing, walking, lifting over 50 pounds, pulling and pushing wheelchairs and adaptive equipment, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, crawling, color determination, visual acuity, speaking clearly, listening to spoken communication, sense of taste and smell.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities strongly preferred.
- Valid and clean New York State Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to complete required training courses included but not limited to First Aid, CPR and Medication Administration.
HR Generalist 3399 Winton Road South Rochester, NY 14623 Fax: (585)334-1646
We envision a community where people of all abilities lead rewarding lives. Meaningful partnerships are nurtured to ensure all doors are open and opportunities are available for everyone.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
| Close Date:
|| Until Filled