The CP Rochester Augustin Children’s Center provides a full continuum of educational and therapeutic services for children, birth to kindergarten, with and without disabilities. Individualized programs and attention from a highly-trained, experienced staff are delivered on our campus in an ideal, accessible suburban setting featuring a gymnasium, outdoor classroom, playground and a heated swimming pool. Our renowned center seamlessly integrates children with disabilities and children without disabilities in a unique and rewarding educational environment.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Paraprofessional I, to join our team in the Integrated Preschool Program. Our schedule follows a school calendar including a 6-week summer program.
To act as an active team member in providing for the well-being, education and supervision of children in the classroom.
Key Job Tasks:
- Imparts agency philosophy of "respect, Integrity, Services and Excellence" to individuals, families, program staff and community resources.
- Performs all job responsibilities in support of children, families, program staff and community resources by following CP Rochester’s mission, vision and guiding principles of respect, integrity, service and excellence.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Performs both instructional and non-instructional duties under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
- Assists the classroom teacher in all children’s activities throughout the day, including preparation of children’s snacks.
- Supervises children at all times, including pool lifeguard management supervision and physical education, busing and transitional activities.
- Assists in physical care tasks and health related activities as appropriate.
- Assists children with behavioral/management needs.
- Functions as a positive, contributing member of the classroom team and demonstrates consistent, nurturing manner toward all children.
- Maintains classroom cleanliness and the orderly appearance of classroom equipment, supplies and displays of children’s work.
- Shares all relevant information related to classroom children obtained from various sources with the classroom teacher.
- Attends meetings, and participates in conferences, workshops, and in-service training to enhance job skills and personal growth and development as assigned by classroom teacher and Program Director.
- Adheres to Agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Performs other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or his/her designee.
Comprehensive benefit plan including but not limited to:
· Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
· 4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 8 Paid Holidays
· Matching 403B Retirement Plan
· Additional Insurance Offerings - Specified Disease Insurance w/ Cancer Rider, Accident Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
· Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
· Employer paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
|Hours of Employment:
30 Hours/Week: 9:15 am - 3:45 pm Mon - Fri / Follows a school calendar which includes a 6-week summer session
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience working with young children preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated acceptance of and sensitivity in interacting with people with disabilities.
- Physical requirements may include: sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, ability to speak clearly, and good listening ability.
- Mental requirements may include: general intelligence, motor coordination skills, coordination of eyes, hands, and feet, verbal intelligence.
Human Resources Generalist
3399 Winton Road South
Rochester, New York 14623
Fax (585) 334-1646
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with an outstanding reputation in employee relations. As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families and ongoing mentoring from top industry professionals.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|| Until Filled