We are currently seeking a Physical Therapist to join our team of Clinical Professionals in our Clinical and Therapeutic Services. Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel to off-site locations to deliver services as needed. New grads are encouraged to apply!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to all that are served, including adults, children, families, program staff and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Upholds NYS Education Law/Practice Act as relating to the practice of physical therapy.
- Performs appropriate evaluations to individuals to determine the need for physical therapy services.
- Ensures valid prescriptions are written for all individuals on caseload.
- Carries out treatment plans developed after evaluation, in clinic setting for the Article 16 and Article 28 outpatient clinics as well as the Preschool or School Programs, as necessary.
- Available to consult with other professionals such as teachers, habilitation staff, as well as other members of the interdisciplinary team as appropriate, to facilitate delivery of coordinated quality services to individuals.
- Works with legal guardians, house staff or parents as integral members of the interdisciplinary team in the clinic, day program or school setting, as needed.
- Communicates with physicians, orthopedists and other medical personnel in order to facilitate evaluation and treatment of individuals.
- Completes all paperwork in accordance with agency, program and department policies/guidelines.
- Ensures knowledge of paperwork, Electronic Health Record and applicable Medicare and Medicaid regulations in order to provide appropriate documentation.
- Maintains treatment area in an orderly manner to ensure safety.
- Maintains all department equipment as appropriate.
- Advises Supervisor of Clinical staff of need for replacement of old or ordering of new equipment.
- Meets with interdisciplinary team and Program Director as needed to review status and need of program modifications for individuals on caseload.
- Participates in conferences, workshops and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Represents the agency at meetings and conferences as requested by Supervisor of Clinical Staff, Program Director or parents.
Comprehensive benefit plan including but not limited to:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- 4 Weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Matching 403B Retirement Plan
- Additional Insurance Offerings - Specified Disease Insurance w/ Cancer Rider, Accident Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Employer paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
|Hours of Employment:
Full-Time 40.0 hours per week Monday – Friday
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science. Completion of accredited Physical Therapy program.
- License or eligible for license as a Physical Therapist in New York State.
- Current New York State registration as a Physical Therapist.
- Valid New York State driver’s license.
Human Resources Generalist
3399 Winton Road South
Rochester, New York 14623
Fax (585) 334-1646
As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of our individuals and their families and ongoing mentoring from top industry professionals.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.