1. Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to all that are served, including adults, children, families, program staff and community resources.
2. Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
3. Upholds NYS Education Law/Practice Act as relating to the practice of physical therapy.
4. Performs appropriate evaluations to individuals to determine the need for physical therapy services.
5. Ensures valid prescriptions are written for all individuals on caseload.
6. Carries out treatment plans developed after evaluation, in clinic setting for the Article 16 and Article 28 outpatient clinics as well as the Preschool or School Programs, as necessary.
7. Available to consult with other professionals such as teachers, habilitation staff , as well as other members of the interdisciplinary team as appropriate, to facilitate delivery of coordinated quality services to individuals.
8. Works with legal guardians, house staff or parents as integral members of the interdisciplinary team in the clinic, day program or school setting, as needed.
9. Communicates with physicians, orthopedists and other medical personnel in order to facilitate evaluation and treatment of individuals.
10. Completes all paperwork in accordance with agency, program and department policies/guidelines.
11. Ensures knowledge of paperwork, Electronic Health Record and applicable Medicare and Medicaid regulations in order to provide appropriate documentation.
12. Attends all team, discipline and staff meetings as designated.
13. Maintains treatment area in an orderly manner to ensure safety.
14. Maintains all department equipment as appropriate.
15. Advises Supervisor of Clinical staff of need for replacement of old or ordering of new equipment.
16. Meets with interdisciplinary team and Program Director as needed to review status and need of program modifications for individuals on caseload.
17. Participates in conferences, workshops and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
18. Represents the agency at meetings and conferences as requested by Supervisor of Clinical Staff, Program Director or parents.
19. Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
20. Performs other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or his/her designee.