We are currently seeking a RECREATION SPECIALIST to join us in our SportsNet Programs.
This position ensures all recreation services provided by this agency are individually focused, promote independence, productivity, and choice. In addition, the Recreation Specialist will ensure that these services are integrated into the community, cost effective, and of high quality as rated by the consumers and funders.
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program staff and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Completes all documentation requirements in a timely manner.
- Provides oversight to ensure safety and supervision of individuals.
- Communicates, in a positive manner, the mission, vision, organizational values and program or departmental goals to employees.
- Maintains necessary documentation and reports as required and per agency policies.
- Communicates agency, regulatory body and departmental or program policies, procedures and standards of work in a positive manner. Shares important information regarding the safety and welfare of others.
- Communicates with departmental manager and director to assess progress, problem solve, make decisions and accomplish the goals of the program/department.
- Completes tasks related to the functioning of the program or department.
- Communicates effectively with employees, service providers, individuals, caregivers, family members, and the community to ensure services are individually focused and promote independence, productivity and choice.
- Complies with Regulatory and Agency audits (internal and external).
- Attends meetings as assigned and communicates information to staff.
- Participates in conferences, workshops and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and assist with consumer transfers. Ability to push and pull 250-300 pounds – maximum weight (individual in wheelchair).
- Mental Requirements include: general intelligence, motor coordination skills, coordination of eyes, hands and feet, verbal intelligence and numerical intelligence.
- Environmental conditions include: noise conditions, injury exposures, atmospheric exposure to disinfecting and odor reducing cleaning supplies, cleansers and chemicals.
Travel is primarily local during the day and evenings and employee will be expected to work at any of our partner agencies or community partner locations. Some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
|Position and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part time position with potential of full time status, dependent on experience and certifications. Hours vary and involve days, some evenings and some weekends.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Higher education degree in recreation or related field as determined by the department or program preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- Experience in providing service to individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize the daily operations of the department or program.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in planning, implementing and evaluating work with individuals, customers, and employees.
- Demonstrated tolerance for stressful interactions and situations.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office software, Electronic Health Record programs and other computer programs which are pertinent.
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License and ability to travel in the Rochester area
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between locations.
- Ability to drive a pick-up truck and trailer preferred.
- Lifeguard training preferred.
Human Resources Generalist
3399 Winton Road South
Rochester, New York 14623
Fax (585) 334-1646
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with an outstanding reputation in employee relations and a flexible and friendly environment! As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families and ongoing mentoring from top industry professionals.
Our Agencies do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation/identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.