Registered Nurse (Residential) - $5,000 Signing Bonus!
||Registered Nurse (Residential Services) - $5K Signing Bonus!!!
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others - we want YOU to join our team of caring professionals as an Registered Nurse! As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families.
In a Registered Nurse position you will support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by indentifying, treating, and insuring provision of individuals' health through such services as health counseling, staff training, and execution of medical regimens as described. You will also be serving as a liaison between CP Rochester and external service providers.
|Hours of Employment:
||Full Time 40 hours per week ~ Monday - Friday daytime hours. Evening hours may be required on rare occasions as job duties demand. Every weekend off.
|Key Job Skills:
- Provides nursing assessments and develops treatment plans to meet individuals' medical/health needs.
- Implements and/or monitors treatment plans to address medical/health needs and ensures completion of treatment plans and medical supplies availability.
- Provides information and referral to primary physician, consultants, and other medical specialists as needed. Communicates necessary information to individuals, families, staff, and service providers as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Provides or oversees the provision of nursing care and follow-up for illness and injuries with referral to the physician as necessary. Assists with individuals' emergencies.
- Provides documentation and notification of individuals concerns regarding health and safety.
- Develops, monitors, and/or assures established infection control procedures are current and followed.
- Attends and participates in meetings when assigned.
- Documents medical information as defined by agency, regulatory bodies, and professional standards of care.
- Provides clinical oversight to staff responsible for medical/health treatment plan implementation.
- Adheres to agency, regulatory bodies and professional policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Supports CP's employee training, health, safety, and/or clinical activities.
- Achieves program goals by performing other responsibilities as required.
- Maintains all required trainings yearly.
||Physical Requirements include: sitting, standing, walking, lifting over 50 pounds, pulling or pushing wheelchairs and adaptive equipment, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, color determination, visual acuity, the ability to speak clearly, the ability to listen well, and sense of taste and smell.
- Must be licensed and currently registered as a Registered Professional Nurse by the New York State Department of Education, BSN preferred. Specialized training and one year experience in treating the developmentally disabled desirable.
- Must complete additional training and/or in-service sessions to maintain professional license in good standing.
- Valid NYS driver's license.
- Demonstrated ability to teach staff and/or individuals.
- Must be willing to teach a Medication Administration Course for staff.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and prioritize in medical/health/safety situations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise prudent judgment specifically with regards to medical/health/safety issues.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication.
HR Generalist 3399 Winton Road South Rochester, NY 14623 Fax: (585)334-1646
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay rates and flexible benefit package to include:
- Affordable medical insurance with health reimbursement account
- Dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 403(b) with employer match
- Paid Time Off starting at 4 weeks per year
We envision a community where people of all abilities lead rewarding lives. Meaningful partnerships are nurtured to ensure all doors are open and opportunities are available for everyone.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
| Close Date:
|| Until Filled