Registered Nurse - Job Share
||Registered Nurse - Job Share
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our CP Rochester team in a Job Sharing position.
You would be working in CP Rochester’s Augustin Children’s Center overseeing the health and safety needs of students in the preschool program. Ensuring all health requirements are addressed and adhered to as well as providing education and training to employees regarding the health needs of the children.
|Hours of Employment:
Job Share Two days per week – 14 hours as well as cover for any time off. This will begin in September at the start of the school program. Work schedule follows the School Calendar to include working the 6-week summer session.
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program staff and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Reviews current health and immunization records of program participants for compliance with regulations of NYS Education Department, Department of Health and other state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Collect all necessary health documentation; immunizations, health assessments and any orders for specific health conditions for entry into Program and to care for that child’s needs.
- Instructs staff on infection control and other current health related issues, which affect services to program participants and their families.
- Promotes preventative and wellness health services to families of program participants and staff as appropriate.
- Participates in the reporting and filing of cases of suspected abuse or maltreatment to the NYS Child Abuse and Maltreatment Reporting Center.
- Create positive and cooperative relationships with families, employees and outside providers.
- Insures any equipment needed to provide for the child’s care is obtained in a timely manner.
- Prepare health care plans as per program regulations and present to the classroom Team.
- Attend classroom Team meetings at the beginning of school year and as needed to inform staff of specific diagnoses, treatments and care for their children.
- Provide nursing care and follow-up for child illness and injuries, notifying parents and physicians where applicable.
- Respond to student emergencies and follow-up with families where appropriate, obtaining the necessary documentation from provider to return to Program.
- Write and distribute letters to parents regarding safety, policies, exposures and seasonal health issues.
- Facilitates referrals of program participants to community medical personnel and other appropriate community resources.
- Assists with conducting daily health checks of children.
- Provides orientation to children’s one to one Nurses and obtains a copy of professional license.
- Complete all paperwork and documentation in a timely manner, distribute and file where necessary.
- Complete the required NYSED annual immunization report.
- Conduct in-services for Children’s staff.
- Orient student nurses from area colleges as per agency’s Volunteer Coordinator request.
- Respond to all emergencies in the building assessing the need for further medical attention or action.
- Provide coverage for the Adult Day Habilitation Program in the absence of the RN or LPN when needed.
- Assist with PPD administration for new employees as needed.
- Conduct any training or assist with any training to agency staff (CPR/FA/AED, Universal Precautions, Tube Feeding) as requested by the agency.
- Participates in conferences, workshops, required department meetings and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
|Required Education and Experience
- Must be licensed and currently registered as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- A minimum of one year working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Must become certified to teach First Aid and CPR.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use and knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Human Resources Generalist
3399 Winton Road South
Rochester, New York 14623
Fax (585) 334-1646
We envision a community where people of all abilities lead rewarding lives. Meaningful partnerships are nurtured to ensure all doors are open and opportunities are available for everyone.
Our Agencies do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation/identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
| Close Date:
|| Until Filled