Residential Supervisor - Full Time
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others - we want YOU to join our team of caring professionals as a Residential Supervisor! As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of individuals and their families.
In a Residential Supervisor position you will support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities by providing direct oversight or supervision to employees working directly with individuals in the Residential program.
What We Offer:
-Competitive pay rates and flexible benefit package to include:
-Affordable medical insurance with health reimbursement account
-Dental and vision insurance
-Company-paid life insurance
-403(b) with employer match
-Paid Time Off starting at 4 weeks per year
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- Employer-paid health reimbursement account for medical expenses;
- 4 weeks paid time off;
- 8 paid holidays;
- 403b retirement plan with employer match;
- Employer-paid group term life and long term disability insurance;
- Tuition reimbursement; and
- Additional insurance offerings including specified disease insurance with a cancer rider, accident insurance, identity theft protection, and short term disability.
|Hours of Employment:
||Full-time. Tuesday 9am - 5pm, Wednesday - Friday 1pm - 9pm, Saturday 8am - 4pm. Must be available as an on-call supervisor every other week (24/7).
|Key Job Skills:
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program employees and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Provides oversight to ensure safety and supervision of residents. May be required to stay on-shift after hours should there be an emergency, weather hazard, or other unforeseen occurrence.
- Communicates, in a positive manner, the mission, vision, organizational values and program or departmental goals to employees.
- Provide direct oversight, supervision and problem-solving to employees in accordance with Agency policy and expectations.
- Schedules employees appropriately to maintain minimums.
- Maintains necessary documentation and reports as required and per agency policies.
- Communicates in a positive manner agency, regulatory body and departmental or program policies, procedures and standards of work. Shares important information regarding the safety and welfare of others.
- Trains new employees members.
- Maintains accurate billing for the program per policy.
- Completes direct care duties/house tasks needed to support the needs of the home.
- Maintains accurate records of individual’s monies/banking.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor and acts as a role model for employees and individuals by interacting with others in a professional and respectful manner, dressing appropriately, and using good personal hygiene.
- Communicates effectively with employees, service providers, consumers, caregivers, family members, and the community.
- Helps to ensure a positive appearance of the facility by assisting with site inspections, timely reporting of maintenance needs, performing general housekeeping and home maintenance activities, etc.
- Complies with Regulatory and Agency audits (internal and external).
- Participates in conferences, workshops and regular and mandatory training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
Physical Requirements include: sitting, standing, walking, lifting over 50 pounds, pulling and pushing wheelchairs and adaptive equipment, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, crawling, color determination, visual acuity, speaking clearly, listening to spoken communication, sense of taste and smell.
Supervisory responsibility: This position supervises employees of the Residence as designated and is responsible for the input in the performance management and hiring of the employees within the Residence.
Work environment: This job operates in a residential setting.
- Associate’s degree in human services or related field as determined by the department or program. Bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- Experience in providing service to individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize the daily operations of the department or program.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in planning, implementing and evaluating work with individuals, customers, and employees.
- Demonstrated tolerance for stressful interactions and situations.
- Demonstrated ability to use of Microsoft Office software and other computer programs which are pertinent.
HR Generalist 3399 Winton Road South Rochester, NY 14623 Fax: (585)334-1646
We envision a community where people of all abilities lead rewarding lives. Meaningful partnerships are nurtured to ensure all doors are open and opportunities are available for everyone.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
| Close Date:
|| Until Filled