Residential Team Lead
**$500 Signing Bonus Available!!** Residential Team Lead Habilitator - Full-Time
**This position is eligible for a $500 signing bonus! This bonus is earned and payable as follows: 25% ($125) in the pay period following the 3 month anniversary of your employment, 25% ($125) in the pay period following the 6 month anniversary of your employment, and 50% ($250) in the pay period following the one year anniversary of your employment.**
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- Employer-paid health reimbursement account for medical expenses;
- 4 weeks paid time off;
- 8 paid holidays;
- 403b retirement plan with employer match;
- Employer-paid group term life and long term disability insurance;
- Tuition reimbursement; and
- Additional insurance offerings including specified disease insurance with a cancer rider, accident insurance, identity theft protection, and short term disability.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others - we want YOU to join our team of caring professionals as a Residential Team Lead Habilitator! As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families.
In a Direct Support position you will support adults with intellectual & developmental disabilities by: leading a team of staff in providing direct program or departmental services to assist and deliver habilitation supports and services that promote choice to the individuals served by CP Rochester in achieving our agency mission. Provides some oversight to staff on the team as they work directly with individuals. Also completes departmental or program tasks on a regular basis. Serves as a liaison between the staff team and the supervisor or manager.
|Hours of Employment:
||Full Time 40 hours per week ~ Evening/Weekend shifts. Overtime available!
|Key Job Skills:
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence” to individuals, families, program staff and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Provide some oversight and problem-solving support to staff team.
- Communicate with the departmental or program supervisor or manager to assess progress, problem-solve, make decisions, and accomplish the goals of the program or department.
- Provide reports and documentation to managers and supervisors on a regular basis as assigned.
- Communicates in a positive manner agency, regulatory body and departmental or program policies, procedures and standards of work. Shares important information regarding the safety and welfare of others.
- Implements specific job assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with task training of new staff team members, as needed.
- Communicates effectively with team members, other staff, service providers, consumers, caregivers, family members, and the community.
- Completes tasks related to the functioning of the program or department. These tasks may be the same tasks assigned to other team members.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor and serves as a role model for other staff and consumers.
- Achieves program or department goals by performing other responsibilities as required.
- Includes all responsibilities of OPWDD direct support position.
- Adheres to the agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Performs other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or his/her designee.
||Physical Requirements include: sitting, standing, walking, lifting over 50 pounds, pulling and pushing wheelchairs and adaptive equipment, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, crawling, color determination, visual acuity, speaking clearly, listening to spoken communication, sense of taste and smell.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year experience working with individuals who have developmental disabilities and/or education in Human Services.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize the daily activities of a team of staff members.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in planning, implementing and evaluating work with consumers, customers and staff.
- Demonstrated tolerance for stressful interactions and situations.
HR Generalist 3399 Winton Road South Rochester, NY 14623 Fax: (585)334-1646
We envision a community where people of all abilities lead rewarding lives. Meaningful partnerships are nurtured to ensure all doors are open and opportunities are available for everyone.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
| Close Date:
|| Until Filled