Speech-Language Pathologist – Adult & Children Services (Golisano Autism Center)
Speech-Language Pathologist – Adult & Children Services (Golisano Autism Center) 2 positions available
|Responsibilites include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes the Golisano Autism Center's Vision, Mission and Philosophy.
- Upholds NYS Education Law/Practice Act as relating to the practice of speech therapy.
- Performs appropriate evaluations to individuals to determine the need for speech therapy services.
- Ensures valid prescriptions are written for all individuals on caseload.
- Carries out treatment plans developed after evaluation, in clinic setting for the Article 16 and Article 28 outpatient clinics as well as the Preschool or School Programs, as necessary.
- Available to consult with other professionals such as teachers, habilitation staff, as well as other members of the interdisciplinary team as appropriate, to facilitate delivery of coordinated quality services to individuals.
- Works with legal guardians, house staff or parents as integral members of the interdisciplinary team in the clinic, day hab or school setting, as needed.
- Communicates with physicians, orthopedists and other medical personnel in order to facilitate evaluation and treatment of individuals.
- Completes all paperwork in accordance with agency, program and department policies/guidelines.
- Ensures knowledge of paperwork, Electronic Health Record and applicable Medicare and Medicaid regulations in order to provide appropriate documentation.
- Attends all team, discipline and staff meetings as designated.
- Maintains treatment area in an orderly manner to ensure safety.
- Advises Supervisor of Clinical staff of need for replacement of old or ordering of new equipment.
- Meets with interdisciplinary team and Program Supervisor as needed to review status and need of program modifications for individuals on caseload
|Hours of Employment:
Full Time/School Year position (37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday during program hours)
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- New York State License in Speech Pathology.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Pathology awarded by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association preferred.
- Current knowledge of the principles and methods of prevention, assessment, and intervention for people with communication and swallowing disorders, including consideration of anatomical/physiological, psychological, developmental, and linguistic and cultural correlates.
- Experience working with individuals with development disabilities preferred.
- Must have demonstrated excellent listening skills.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have demonstrated commitment to performing job duties and tasks at a high level of performance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with an outstanding reputation in employee relations. As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families and ongoing mentoring from top industry professionals.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|| Until Filled