TBI Service Coordinator
||Traumatic Brain Injury Service Coordinator
|Responsibilites include, but are not limited to:
This is a full-time position with Happiness House, working out of the CP Rochester site. TBI Service Coordinators identify the needs of individuals with Traumatic Brain Injuries and work with the individuals/families to develop plans for the delivery of services.
This position includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time, matching 403B, health, dental, vision insurance, and more!
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program staff and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy
- Identifies the needs of disabled individuals and their families
- Provides information, referral and advocacy services to individuals of all ages with disabilities and their families
- Works with families/individuals to develop appropriate plans for the delivery of services
- Coordinates implementation of the services by assuring appropriate communication and cooperation is maintained by all supports and providers of services outlined in the plan
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative working relationship with area human service agencies, local school districts and individuals, as pertinent
- Arranges for clinical assessments to determine the person’s functional status, service needs and recommendations for interventions
- Assumes a lead role and coordinates all activities for people on caseload
- Assists the individual and/or family to gain a variety of skills including self-advocacy, problem solving and skills to increase their independence
- Assures needed assessments and documentations are performed, as required by DOH/TBI regulations
- Participates in staffing, case conferences and other client-related meetings upon request
- Participates in workshops, conferences and in-service training to enhance job skills and personal growth and development
- Coordinates and develops components of the individualized service plan
- Coordinates services specified in the individualized service plan
- Reviews ISP’s, RSP’s and documents the outcomes consistent with applicable regulations
- Maintains familiarity with applicable regulations and executes timely compliance
- Maintains, at a minimum, face-to-face contact requirement with the recipient and, if appropriate, his/her family or advocate, per applicable regulation
- Assumes duties and responsibilities necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the waiver program
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines
- Performs other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or his/her designee
- Participates in conferences, workshops and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
|Hours of Employment:
FT 37.5 hrs/week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday during business hours. Evening work may be required as job duties demand.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Masters Social Work, Masters Psychology, Registerd Physical Therapist, Registered Nurse, Certified Special Education Teacher, Speech Language Pathologist, Registered Occupational Therapsit with one year experience in provbideing service coordination/case management to individuals who habe a disablity. OR
- Bachelor's Degree in halth and human services or a related field with three years experience in service coordination/case management.
Knowledge of community resources, social service agencies and means of accessing services.
Valid NYS Driver License.
Happiness House at CP Rochester Winton Road Campus
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|| Until Filled