Responsibilites include but are not limited to:
- Promotes the Golisano Autism Center's Vision, Mission and Philosophy.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Functions as the primary assistant to the classroom teacher, ensuring a meaningful educational experience.
- Functions in the leadership role in the classroom during the teacher’s absence.
- Implements each child’s educational, therapeutic, and behavioral plans under the supervision of the teacher and team.
- Supervises children and ensures safety.
- Works with individual students or groups of students on instructional projects to achieve individualized goals for each child.
- Provides the teacher and team with information about students, which will assist in the development of appropriate learning experiences for students.
- Assists in the development of instructional/classroom materials.
- Assists the classroom teacher in related instructional work as required.
- Maintains classroom cleanliness and the orderly appearance of classroom equipment, supplies and displays of children’s work.
- Attends all meetings as required and appropriate, as determined by the classroom teacher and Program Director.
- Assists children with behavioral/management needs.
- Participates in conferences, workshops. Department meetings and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.